Soup Season is here and everyone loves a hearty pasta soup. The cool thing about minestrone is that it has all the main components in a meal: protein, vegetables and carbs. These make it a hearty meal thats not only nutritious but filling. It can be difficult to find one pot vegan meals that meet all these requirements. I found a minestrone recipe on Pinterest and made it my own and without meat. I hope you enjoy it as much as my husband and I. We just finished theftovers and it tasted even better the second day.
Vegan Minestrone Soup
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans diced tomatoes
3 carrots, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups corn, canned or frozen
1 onion, diced
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups small pasta
3 tbs herbs de provence
1 tbs dried oregano
salt & pepper
2 1/2 cups fresh spinach
1. Add canned tomatoes, vegetable stock, water, onion and spices to a large pot on medium heat. Cook until it starts to bubble and reduce heat to low.
2. Add beans, carrots, corn to stock and cook an additional 15 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium again and add salt and pepper to taste and then add pasta. Cooking an additional 10-15 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
4. Add spinach last, right before serving. It will wilt in the broth pretty quickly.
5. Top with vegan parmesan, fresh herbs or serve with bread.